So in a previous post I requested healthy recipes from any of you who might want to share some with me. Our family is trying to change our eating habits and try to eat a little healthier. So I am going to share the recipes that we try and like! Hopefully those of you who gave them to me won't mind. I'll make sure to give you credit! :) Some of the recipes might sound funny or strange, but I promise I'll only share ones that we actually ate a really liked! So here is the first one....
Mexican Mini-wheat Loaves
1 cup mild salsa
1 T. dried onion
1 egg
½ lb. grated cheese
¾ c. oatmeal
4 T. chopped olives
1 c. cooked cracked wheat (To make cracked wheat blend the wheat in a blender just so it is cracked a bit. Then take 1 cup of wheat and 4 cups of water and place in crock pot on low overnight. Depending on your crock pot it may only need a few hours. Overnight may be too long so experiment.)
¼ t. salt,
½ t. chili powder,
½ t. cumin,
½ t. oregano
1/2t. basil
Mix all ingredients, saving out ½ c. cheese and 2 T. olives. Shape into patties and place on oiled cookie sheet. Bake at 375 deg. for 15-20 min. Top with remaining cheese and olives and return to oven to melt.
*****These were really good. You would never know that there is wheat in them. They tasted like they had hamburger in them! My kids even liked them! Credit goes to my mom!:)
5 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment