Collin Scott

Collin Scott
8

Isaac Dean

Isaac Dean
6

Cooper Rodney

Cooper Rodney
4

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

August 29, 2010

Emotions

Today has been full of emotions. All week really, but I think I finally just let it all out today. We signed a lease on a house on Monday and were all moved by Friday. As most of you know I did not want to move. I'm sick of moving and I really liked where we were living and our ward. But I have been trying to be optimistic about it. :) So we went to our ward one last time today. I felt I was doing very well holding myself together until my good friend saw me in the hall after Sacrament Mtg. and came to give me a hug and then I lost it. It was awful. I think I have been numbing my emotions all week and they just came out and haven't stopped all day! I blame my mom for me being such a boob! :) I was so glad we went to our ward one last time though because in Sunday School our lesson was on Job. We talked about how Job was near to perfect but he still had to endure many many trials. We also talked about how the Lord never gives us anything we can't handle and that nothing ever happens just because of chance. Needless to say it was exactly what I needed to hear. So regardless of me not wanting to move and even though we have moved 7 times now there is a reason why it has all happened and the Lord knows what is best for me and our family right now. And then our combined Relief Society/Priesthood meeting was about the Public Affairs of the church and how we as members need to be missionaries. But the very best way to be a missionary is by our example. I have really struggled with this the past year and a half because our next door neighbors were not members. I often wondered if I wasn't doing enough because I hadn't invited the missionaries to their home yet. But after listening to our Stake Leaders today I felt very much at peace about how I had established my relationship with our neighbors and that my example to them was more important than getting the missionaries in their door. So then on top of an awesome and very spiritually uplifting church meetings Collin starts Kindergarten tomorrow and I can't stop bawling about that! (See I told you I was a boob!:) It is so exciting yet scary and sad at the same time. I love how he has been so excited about it though. Scott gave him a very special blessing tonight. I am very grateful Scott could do that for him. He was also able to give me a blessing which I was very appreciative of as well. So now that we are moved in and somewhat getting settled I feel at peace and know that even if we aren't at this house for very long there is a reason for us being here at this time. So wish us luck with our big day tomorrow! Hopefully I can hold it together (for Collin's sake! hahaha! ) :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hang in there!!! Moving is an emotional roller coaster, especially when you really don't want to move. I struggled when we moved from Payson. I think it was just that I finally felt "at home" in our ward there and didn't want to leave that feeling and start over. You will have to let me know how the whole kindergarten thing goes with Collin. Just thinking about Aubree going to school makes me tear up. You are an amazing woman and mother. We will have to come see your new place next time we are in Boise.