Meridian Elementary it is!
Clear back in April when I was suppose to register Collin for Kindergarten I had decided to put him in at Meridian Elementary. That is where we are zoned to go, but here in Boise/Meridian there are so many schools that you can pretty much just send your kid wherever you want. That's a lot different from Burley where I grew up. You either had Southwest or Dworshak and that's it. Anyways, I didn't register him in April because we were pretty sure we were going to be moving and I didn't want to have to register him twice. So I have been holding out. Well, we are pretty sure we will be here when school starts so last week I decided I better get him registered. But all of the sudden I started doubting my decision to put him in at Meridian. It was literally making me sick to my stomach and I was fearing I had made the wrong decision. Scott just laughed at me because he thought I shouldn't be getting worked up about it. I was confused because I had felt so good about my decision before. It's funny how Satan can work on you even about little things. To give you a little background about 1/2 of the kids in our neighborhood/ward go to Meridian, but the other 1/2 go to Spalding which is a magnet year round school. I have heard goods and bads about both schools. I have listened to everyone's opinions over and over and over again about both schools and I was getting a lot of flack for choosing to send Collin to Meridian because I was told by many members of my ward that "I would never send my kid to Meridian because it is for low income people." This really bugged me, but I held strong to my decision until last week and then I think I started to believe everyone and I was getting more confused. So Scott and I talked and talked and talked about it and then today at church it was like I had this HUGE opiphony. It was like Heavenly Father was saying, "Brittany I already gave you your answer a long time ago. Why are you doubting me?" And so I was like well, duh. I remember I had so much peace about my decision 3 months ago and so why did I ever question and stress myself out so much. But, I really think it was Satan working on me. Trying to get me to listen to everyone else and not the most important person of all. :) So this week we are going to go register Collin and I feel awesome about it. I think he will do great at Meridian and we will make the best situation we can at the school we are at. Collin has already been asking how many days till school starts and is so excited!
5 days ago
1 comment:
Good job Brittany! So glad you found peace in your choice. :)
Post a Comment