Collin Scott

Collin Scott
8

Isaac Dean

Isaac Dean
6

Cooper Rodney

Cooper Rodney
4

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

March 24, 2010

New Recipes

I got a new cookbook over Christmas and have been trying some new recipes so I thought I would share a couple. I made this casserole a couple of night ago and it was soooooooooo yummy!! It is very spicy though so word of warning your kids probably won't eat it, but I sure snarfed it down! :)

Turkey Enchilada Casserole

2 T. olive oil
1 T. butter
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 heaping t. cumin
salt
3 7oz. cans tomatillo sauce
8 small white corn tortillas cut into quarters
2 c. cooked turkey meat, broken into bite-size pieces
1 15oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 c. shredded cheese
sour cream
chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 375. Heat oil and butter in large ovenproof skillet over med. heat. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeno, cumin and salt to taste and cook until tender and fragrant. About 8 minutes. Stir in the tomatillo sauce, tortillas, turkey and beans. Bring to a boil. Stir in half the cheese. Scatter the remaining cheese on top and bake until casserole is bubbling and cheese is melted. About 20 minutes. Serve with sour cream and cilantro.

No comments: