So today was 'Crazy Hair Day' for Collin at Preschool. He was soooooo excited and has been for 2 weeks now. We even bought some blue and orange spray to put in his hair for the Broncos and he was all pumped up for today! :) So the morning was going smoothly. Everyone woke up on time, ate their breakfast, got dressed, there was no whining and then we made Collin's hair all crazy. Just as we are getting ready to get in the car I realize I don't have my keys!!! Ahhhhhhh! So I am freakin' out 'cause Collin is soooooooo excited to go to school and I don' t want him to be late. I look EVERYWHERE for them and they are nowhere to be found! Well, I hadn't driven the car since Monday at 11a.m. when I went to the chiropractor. Scott had the car Monday afternoon, evening, and all day yesterday so I figured he must have my keys. Well, he had an all day meeting downtown today and so I try to call him literally about 50 times, but he doesn't answer! Duh, he's in a meeting with his phone on silent. So I try callin my neighbor to see if maybe she can come and watch Cooper and I would just take Collin and Isaac with me in the bike trailer 'cause it will only fit 2 kids. And of course she doesn't answer!!! AHhhhhhhhh! So I make a few other phone calls to people that might be able to help and of course no one answers. So I tell Collin that it doesn't look like we will be going to Preschool today and he starts bawling!!! He was worried about missing his schoolwork and missing all his friends and he thought Miss Crystal and all his friends would be sad if he didn't come. I felt HORRIBLE!! Well, about 5 minutes later Scott calls and says that he does not have my keys. I made him look in his backpack and everything, but nope no keys! So then he says, "Did you leave them at the chiropractor on Monday?" I was like no! Why would I have left them there? But, I called them anyways and sure enough they were there! Dr. Callis and Evelyn were both laughing at me, Scott was laughing at me and Collin just says, "Gosh mom! Why didn't you call the chiropractor first?" So Scott left his meeting, picked up my keys from the chiropractor and brought them to me! And Collin made it to Preschool....he was an hour late, but hey he made it!! :) All of the other kids in his class acted so excited that Collin had made it to school and Miss Crystal gave him a hard time and told him maybe he should have taken an airplane to school instead! :) She is so nice! He did miss his schoolwork, but he made it just in time to celebrate Allie's birthday! So needless to say I am going to go make 20 extra copies of my car key today so that hopefully this doesn't happen again! :)
5 days ago
4 comments:
i totally would have watched cooper call me next time. you are a great mom working so hard to get him to pre-school!!
Collin, Your "crazy Hair" looks great. Sorry it was such a hectic morning but all turned out good. Love, Grandma M
How did you get home from the chiropractor...without your keys? Didn't you drive there??? --Oh, maybe you walked or biked.
Fun day at pre-school. Glad he was able to make it... and yes, you are a great mother. :)
That stinks!!! I think you are an awesome mom, who else could style Collins hair like that. It looked great. Just for the record, car keys are DUMB. Cars should just know when we need them to start and do it. I've searched for keys so many times it is not even funny.
Post a Comment