Collin Scott

Collin Scott
8

Isaac Dean

Isaac Dean
6

Cooper Rodney

Cooper Rodney
4

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

July 19, 2009

The Dreaded Camping Trip





I am not camper. I didn't grow up camping. The only times I ever went camping was to Girl's Camp and only 1 of those times did we actually sleep in tents. So what did Heavenly Father bless me with? A husband who LOVES, LOVES, LOVES camping and 3 boys who are bound to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE camping as well. GREAT! Well, for the past 6 years that Scott and I have been married I have managed not to have to go camping, but I knew the day was going to come when I couldn't avoid it anymore...dang it!:) Well, for Scott's birthday present this year I promised I would go camping with him once this summer and he held me to it! :) So Thursday we loaded up our little family and headed to Rock Creek which is right above Hansen in the Sawtooth Mountains. We went there because I have a HUGE phobia of being attacked by a bear and he promised me there were no bears there. :) Now, the reason I don't like camping isn't because I have to pee in the weeds or go without a shower and make-up. I can deal with all of that. I can even deal with the bugs, dirt, snakes, etc. I just don't enjoy all the work that goes into it and I am also not very good at relaxing (thanks to my mom):) The whole time I was sitting at our camp ground I just kept thinking of everything and anything I should be doing at home instead of sitting on my butt in the mtns. But, after surviving 3 days of camping with our 3 boys who are all under the age of 3 and seeing how much they enjoyed every minute of it I can say it was worth it! Now I am definitely not in any hurry to go again, but maybe once a year!;)

2 comments:

megan said...

good for you!!!
it does seem like a LOT of work!!
but you all look great! and happy too!!

Kodi said...

Brittany!! You are such a trooper!! I'm so glad you guys had fun...we get to do it in a couple days and I'm not sure how much I'm looking forward to it. :) I agree...it's a TON of work to just go and sit there in the mountains, but I guess we were both "blessed" with campers. Even my girls LOVE playing in the dirt up in the hills. :) Hopefully we'll have some fun too.