5 days ago
July 07, 2009
Cleaning Tips
So I have always had one cleaning day set aside where I do all my cleaning. I usually do it all on Saturday. It has become a dreaded day for me. I LOVE to clean, but when it takes all day and my kids are driving me crazy through most of it then it becomes not so fun. I am trying to come up with a new cleaning schedule for myself and have heard quite a bit about "FlyLady." Have any of you followed the cleaning schedule she has? What do you think about it? Do you like it better than having just one cleaning day? Or do any of you have any better tips for me? Let me know what you do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Brittany,
I just had to laugh when I saw your post asking about FlyLady. I actually just got done putting a post up on my blog about it...what timing! I have been trying it for a month or so now and love it. Anyway, check it out. http://our-crazy-daze.blogspot.com
Brittany,
I have never actually heard of FlyLady and have no idea what it is, but I have a cleaning schedual. I put down a few things for each day. That way I am not cleaning all day and don't feel over whelmed. I also put things down each day for my kids to do so that they know. They love to look at the chart and see what they have to do for the day. I also "try" to do at least two loads of laundry each day so it don't build up. I am not the best at it. Anyways, Good Luck. :D
I've heard of Flylady.
I think there are some valuable things to be learned from her. I can't say I'm on her schedule now, but like the idea of breaking things up, so it's not so overwhelming.
I've also read and liked the books from Don Aslett, "Clutters Last Stand"(?). And an organizing book, "Organizing from the Inside Out" by Julie Morgenstern. The SPACE acronym is what I liked best. S sort, P perge, A assign a home, C containerize and E equalize (or maintance).
Post a Comment