When I was in the hospital after I delivered Cooper I had a really awesome nurse. She was older and was so nice and fun to talk to. She sat and talked with me for 1 1/2 hours the day I was suppose to go home. Anyways! After talking for awhile and her finding out that this was my 3rd son she said, "Oh honey I have something that I need to give you." She also has 3 sons who are now grown. She came back with this....it was a paper that a lady had given to her on a plane when her boys were young and she wanted me to have it. All you moms who have 3 sons will understand this more than anyone and hopefully you will enjoy it as much as I did. It said...
Three Sons
"There must be a special place in heaven for mothers of three sons. You certainly can tell them on earth. They're those ladies with amused, bemused faces and an amazing tolerance for disaster-for they have learned that shouting doesn't help.
No other combination of children, not even twins, can create so much chaos or camaraderie. Even the most introspective child will join the team-them against you-and like all good players, they encourage each other to bigger feats of daring.
We recommend the advice of so many successful mothers of three boys. Give them as much outdoor playtime as possible, and indoors, set up two rooms: one for sleeping, with nothing but beds and bureaus, and the other for playing, with much climbing equipment. With three children, one is bound to be quieter than the others and he probably will need a corner somewhere else.
You will be frazzled in the early years but when your boys grow up, we think you'll find yourself perhaps more treasured than most other mothers."
5 days ago
4 comments:
Brittany - Your boys are so adorable! I have loved catching up with you by reading your blog! You guys are amazing!
LeAnn (Yancey) Nyman
what a neat little sentiment for the nurse to pass on...good luck to you and your 3 sons,
I fear I will be the mother of 3 sons and may need to reread this in a couple of years :-)
This is precious. As a new mother of 3 sons, I can relate. What an awesome gift!
how cool of your nurse to give you that. I do have to say "NO one loves their mommy's like their boys." Your boys are sooooo cute. you are a lucky mom.
Post a Comment