Collin Scott

Collin Scott
8

Isaac Dean

Isaac Dean
6

Cooper Rodney

Cooper Rodney
4

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

December 05, 2011

An Example For Me

Yesterday was Fast Sunday and it was probably 6 months or so ago that Collin started asking a billion questions about Fasting and bearing your testimony. So we have had several Family Home Evenings about it and try to answer his questions the best we can when he asks them. Every fast sunday he always acts very ancy while people are bearing their testimonies like he wants to get up and bear his, but never has. Well, yesterday he was really ancy and he came over to me and said, "I want to go up there." I have never been so scared in my life. I instantly got butterflies and my heart started to race. It wasn't even me that was getting up there and I think I was more scared then he was! He went up all by himself and said, "I want to bear my testimony. I know that the church is true. And I know that my family will be together forever." And then I lost it! I don't know what it is about a child bearing their testimony, but it gets me every time and even more so when it's your own. The great thing about kids is that they have no pressure to say anything inparticular. They just simply say what they believe and it is so pure. Just having Collin bear his simple, short and sweet testimony strengthened mine a million times! I often feel that my children teach me more than I ever teach them! :) I am so proud to be his mom!

No comments: