It was my turn to be in charge of F.H.E. treats this past Monday and I was soooooo glad because as much as I REALLY like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups I was getting REALLY sick of having them every week. Can you guess what the rest of my family's favorite treat is???? hahah! Anyways! So I made this really yummy fondue. I didn't get a pic 'cause everyone scarfed it down too fast!
Mexican-style Chocolate fondue
1 c. heavy cream
4 cinnamon sticks (preferably Mexican canela)
6 oz. semi-sweet choc. (chopped)
Generous pinch ancho chile powder
Heat the cream and the cinnamon over medium heat just until it begins to boil. Remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks and throw them away. Put the chocolate and the ancho chile powder in a medium bowl. Return the cream to a simmer and then pour it over the chocolate. Let it stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Transfer to a fondue pot to keep warm over low heat. Serve with whatever you want! We went with cubed pound cake, marshmallows, bananas, strawberries and pineapple. YUMMY!
5 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment