Collin Scott

Collin Scott
8

Isaac Dean

Isaac Dean
6

Cooper Rodney

Cooper Rodney
4

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

June 08, 2009

I Think I Have Ulcers

I stress about stupid things. It's true. I have now been stressing for a year now whether or not I should put Collin in Preschool. And now I think I have ulcers from it! :) I have always said that I will NEVER put my kids in Preschool. I just don't think that they need it, but for some reason I have felt really strong the past year that I should enroll Collin. Well, I have gone back and forth and back and forth and I have FINALLY decided to put him in Preschool in the Fall. Scott makes fun of me that I have stressed so much about it, but I just want to make the right decisions for my kids and Collin is my oldest so I think I just stress out more in general with him! :) The biggest reason I feel Collin should go to Preschool is because he is extremely extroverted (like Scott)! He LOVES to be around people and is always up for a party. Me being slightly introverted I feel like I hold him back a little from being outgoing because I'm not as outgoing. So I think he really needs to be around other kids his age and be able to get all that extrovertedness out and used for good! He is WAY excited! He is already asking me how many days until I get to go to school? He will go Mon, Wed, and Fr. from 9:15-11:45. I think it will be good for him and Isaac to be apart from each other a little bit too because they are WAY attached to each other! I like that they love each other so much, but I think the break will be good for both of them too. Collin's teacher is going to be a girl that was in our last ward who will be PERFECT for Collin. She has a Secondary teaching degree and a minor in Spanish so the kids will also be learning a little bit of Spanish. She is also an awesome cook and does a cooking class once a month with the kids along with a field trip once a month as well! I'm excited for Collin and sad at the same time that he is growing up!:( You can check out his Preschool's blog at...
http://tinyhandspreschool.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Oh fun! Although I'm sorry you have been stressing so much about it! Syd was in preschool this past year...3 days a week. She loved it and I hope Collin has a great experience too!

Becca Brown said...

I went through the same thing. I don't think I stressed as much, but I have never put any of my kids in preschool before. My Allie misses the deadline for kindergarten bdays by 2 weeks so she will be 5 in Sept & has to wait an entire year before Kindergarten. She is so ready to be in school that I decided she needed preschool. She will be in Collin's class--how fun we get to see you again. I think this preschool will be great.

Smullin Family said...

I'm not sure I understand the stress about pre-school (unless it's financial). I think any prep they can get before school is great. And not to mention all the fun and social interaction it will be for him. It will be great. Stop stressing. I think you've made a great choice. I LOVE pre-school!