Collin Scott

Collin Scott
8

Isaac Dean

Isaac Dean
6

Cooper Rodney

Cooper Rodney
4

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

June 11, 2008

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I don't know why I'm that surprised. I shouldn't be, but swimming lessons were a freakin' NIGHTMARE!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH! I am so frustrated. Ok, a little background.....Scott and I both hate to swim, mostly because neither one of us is very good, so we want to make sure our kids learn and hopefully enjoy it. Second of all Collin is so particular about how he likes things and wants things done. I thought I was a perfectionist, but holy cow! He is beyond perfectionist! It's a little OCD if you ask me. So anytime we try to introduce Collin to new things that he's not familiar with and doesn't already know how to do he freaks out! He just gets frustrated so easily! Well, he also doesn't like to be left alone with people he doesn't know. Like for example....we have had a membership to the Y since January and I have been trying to work out at least 4 days a week for only 1 HOUR. Well, Collin still freaks out every time we go and he has to go to the nursery. But, by the time I go to pick him up he's perfectly fine and doesn't want to go home. He does this when we have babysitters and everything!

So today we go to the Y for his first swimming lesson. He use to be scared of the water, but we have been taking him swimming quite and bit to their kiddie area to hopefully get him use to it and he loves it! So it is time for his swimming lesson to start and he starts to freak out. First, he freaks out because he doesn't want to take his shirt and shoes off. After we get them off I tell him I'm going to sit right next to the pool and watch him swim. It took the next 10 minutes to actually get him in the pool (his lesson is only 30 minutes) then when he got in the pool he would only sit on the top step. He wouldn't go down with the rest of his class to the 3rd step. Luckily they had 2 teachers so one of them sat with Collin and tried to coax him into the water. Finally the last 5 minutes of class he went down to the 2nd step right behind his class. Then class was over and his teacher told him to get out and he started to flip out because he didn't want to get out! AHHHHHHHHHH! Then he cried because he didn't want his shoes and shirt back on!! SERIOUSLY!! To top it all off Isaac woke up with a fever this morning so I couldn't take him to the nursery so I got to wrestle him and try to keep him from jumping in the pool for 1/2 hour!! I was so annoyed!!! If Collin doesn't do any better on Monday I'm going to tell Scott to quite his job and he can take Collin to swim lessons!! :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has rough days. Aubree is on this kick that she doesn't know what she wants and she changes her mind every two seconds. Sometimes I feel like I am going to lose my mind!!! I never knew it took so much patience to raise a child. It too bad our husbands miss out on all the fun times we have. :-)

Nat said...

Quite the day. Hopefully it gets better :)