So I think I want to be a professional chef. :) I had the priviledge of helping out with the "Taste of Home" cooking show that came to Boise. It was sooooooo fun! The chef that came name was Christie and she was from Washington. Taste of Home only has 9 chefs that work for them at a time. They are all assigned different regions and travel to those different places all year cooking for people! How fun would that be! I got to be Christie's helper on stage (in front of 650 people)! Just a little intimidating! She made nine different dishes in 2 hours! WOW!! She made an Italian Herb Frittata, Lemon-Nut Twists, Taco Meatball Ring, Herb-Stuffed Roasted Cornish Hens, really cute Flower Power cupcakes, Strawberries al Moscato with Vanilla Cream, Chocolate-Almond Dessert Crepes, Avocado Eggs Benedict, and Buffalo Chicken Wraps! It was all very yummy! :)
So maybe in my next life I will get a degree in Culinary Arts and then get a job traveling around with "Taste of Home" and be a world famous chef! Yeah right! But, it's sure fun to imagine. In the meantime I will try to become a gourmet chef at home! :)
5 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment